Most Mother and Baby units cover a specific geographical location.

Many also take referrals from outside an area, provided that the referring NHS trust covers all costs.

Usual means of referral is via a psychiatrist (within specialist Mental Health Services) or a GP. If in doubt, contact a Mother and Baby unit directly, starting with the unit that is closest geographically to you..

Post Natal Illlness- Home
Break The Silence on PNI

Break The Silence PNI is a non profit organisation - all rights reserved